Frontier Agriculture, the UK's leading crop inputs and grain marketing business, has recently launched a new company website and made improvements to its online customer area, itrac. During the planning and development of the new site, frontierag.co.uk, Frontier conducted a survey of 300 of their farmer customers. In this way, they were able to identify what was important to those customers and the key elements that would drive them to visit the site. This has greatly influenced the design, content and functionality of the new website which includes:
• Information on Frontier products and services
• A greater emphasis on the latest news from Frontier
• Futures prices and market data (updated every 15 minutes)
• 'Midday markets' (daily market commentary from Frontier)
• 'Frontier views' (expert advice and feature style articles)
• The latest UK arable news and headlines
• Live weather forecasts that are postcode specific
• Timely agronomic advice and updates
• Links to Frontier's new Twitter page, @frontierag, where the company will be Tweeting regularly about grain and the markets
• Details of Frontier events with an online booking and registration facility.
To coincide with this launch, Frontier has also updated and improved its online customer area, itrac. The improvements mean the itrac site is easier to navigate and looks more up-to-date. Frontier will be providing itrac users with access to additional content on the Frontier website such as timely agronomy updates and advice. Registered itrac users are also able to access all of their account information online including:
• Their Frontier contracts and invoices
• Grain and input movements for their account
• Analysis of their grain sampling results.
Sharon Kennett, Head of Marketing for Frontier, says: "We're focused on communicating with our customers in the way they would prefer. For more and more people the medium of choice when looking for news and information utilises web-based technology and we are investing to widen our service in this area; the website and itrac improvements are part of that. We have created a site that provides a great deal of content and advice that is of interest to growers. We believe that the variety of information we are offering will encourage them to visit regularly and that frontierag.co.uk will become arable farmers' website of choice."