3D Thinking brings innovation to growers nationally and regionally
- Frontier's Discovery programme works with new and emerging technologies to discover solutions for future challenges.
- Yield estimation, weed or nematode mapping, and crop monitoring delivered with SOYLsight drone.
- The long-term implications of resistance.
- The potential benefits of cultivations and rotations to control grassweeds.
- Soil health, structure and vitality.
- Managing the impact of legislation and the withdrawal of active ingredients.
- Frontier's Development programme includes work on varieties, crop protection, nutrition and precision agronomy techniques.
- Replicated trials at eight sites nationwide.
- 12,000 plots over 100 hectares.
- Close links with manufacturers, breeders and other research organisations.
- Trials data is shared to keep our own agronomists up to date and help our growers make decisions.
- The most extensive Demonstration site network in UK agriculture, open for visits all year.
- Key varieties demonstrated in conditions that match your own.
- Precision crop production, conservation crops, nutrition and crop protection demonstrations at each site.
- 21 demonstration sites managed by highly skilled local agronomists.
- 3D Thinking is about answering the questions of the future in a way which our growers can easily access.