Our approach to data management & GDPR
Frontier’s company values of integrity, customer focus and expertise are the foundation of our business. We will always meet, and sometimes even exceed, legislative requirements. We pride ourselves on leading our industry in the way we manage our business and service our customers. We recognise the sensitivities around data management and are committed to operating with transparency in this area. For further details please view our full Data Management Statement and GDPR Statements.
Our approach to data management & GDPR
To meet customer, consumer and supplier needs our IT infrastructure needs to be flexible, reliable and secure to allow us to interact through technology. Our delivery of efficient and effective operations is enhanced using relevant technologies and the sharing of information. We are therefore subject to potential cyber-threats such as computer viruses and the loss or theft of data. As such we monitor and address any cyber-threats and suspicious IT activity. Robust disaster recovery plans are in place for business-critical applications. Technical security controls are in place over key IT platforms with our Data Safeguard team tasked with identifying and responding to potential security risks.
Data held in our customer-facing MyFarm farm management platform is stored securely in our UK located data centre which is owned by Frontier Agriculture Limited. The data is fully backed up at least daily and replicated to a secondary UK location for disaster recovery purposes and to facilitate a speedy recovery in the event of a crisis. Frontier operates a regular disaster recovery rehearsal for testing and training purposes and to ensure the process remains fit for purpose.
In parallel to developing our technology systems, we invest in developing the IT capabilities of our people across our businesses. There is an ongoing programme of investment in both technology and people to enhance our cyber-security capabilities. We aim to ensure that access to customers’ personal data is limited only to those who need to access it and this is closely monitored. Those individuals who have access to the data are required to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
Our security posture
We take the security of all the data we hold very seriously. We have a framework of policies, procedures and training in place covering data protection, confidentiality and security. We regularly review the appropriateness of the measures we have in place to keep the data we hold secure; all of which are subject to regular internal and external audit. We make use of pseudonymisation, de-identification and anonymisation techniques in efforts to further protect personal data. We also make sure that any third parties that we deal with keep all personal data they process on our behalf secure.
Our online services
Individuals, including customers, who have access to parts of our websites or use online logins to access services, remain responsible for keeping their user ID and password confidential. Please be aware that the transmission of data via the Internet is not completely secure. Whilst we do our best to protect the security of personal data, we cannot ensure or guarantee the security of data transmitted to our sites; any transmission of data is always at the sender’s own risk.
We appreciate that remembering passwords can be tricky, but setting effective and secure passwords on all the sites you use is vital in combating possible fraudulent activity using your personal details. Good practice includes:
- Avoid using the same password for each of your online accounts so that they can’t all be fraudulently accessed at once. Multiple passwords keep you safer
- Use a mix of numbers and characters, and something that's very personal to you
- Most sites set a minimum number of characters to use, but avoid using obvious phrases like ’password’, or your name, or phone number
- Try to mix upper and lower case letters and numbers in your password
- You might like to use something like a well-known phrase like ‘Too many cooks spoil the broth’ and turn it into 2MCstb, for example.
Cookies on your computer
Your payment security
Frontier maintains the highest levels of security. We take the privacy and security of your payment and personal details very seriously.
- Our sites use high-level SSL encryption technology, the most advanced security software currently available for online transactions
- Our websites use Globalsign SSL certification
- You can tell whether a page is secure as 'https' will replace the 'http' at the front of the www.frontierag.co.uk in your browser address window
- Using an unsecured network in a public place can be risky as unauthorised people may try to intercept anything you're doing online
- Only connect to secure wireless networks that you trust.