Cargill – Manchester Gold
Cargill's starch and glucose manufacturing plant in Manchester is a huge consumer of feed wheat and Frontier has the exclusive contract for supply. Approximately 750,000 tonnes of wheat is used annually to make starch and glucose, used in the manufacture of products such as confectionery, pharmaceuticals, alcoholic beverages, pet food and soft drinks.
By becoming a member of our Manchester Gold wheat club growers can benefit from a range of attractive member benefits which reward farmers whose wheat is processed at the plant. They include:
- Flexible collections - Customised collection to suit your loading requirements
- Online access to contracts - Track your Manchester Gold contracts using MyFarm
- Weights and analysis by text - Receive details of your load within 30 minutes of tipping
- Gold Standard marketing - This is a unique risk management contract giving you the opportunity to fix a guaranteed minimum price, while still allowing you to capture any potential market upside
- Regular updates - Including grain market texts, bringing you the latest updates
- Average moisture contracts - For example members supplying one load of wheat at 14.5% moisture and another at 15.5% would see the moisture claim on the second load credited back to their account
- Average kilo weight contract - Purchase a minimum of 10 tonnes of wheat seed or have a minimum of 20 tonnes of seed re-cleaned by our mobile seed cleaners, then contracts of 4 loads or more processed at Manchester will qualify. The averaging will include any loads between 70kg/hl and 76kg/hl.
If you have any questions about the Manchester Gold wheat club or wish to register, please call 0161 372 3000.