It's been a busy time for SOYL's development team. These are the people who are the nucleus from which all of our precision innovations, used on farms up and down the country, are hatched.
There's certainly no shortage of ideas from the team or interest and demand for their work right now. Just last week we've hadFarmers Weekly reporting on our Custom Applications module and we released the latest MySOYL upgrade late last week too.
This upgrade brings growers more tools and features to make managing their precision tasks simple and efficient.
The seed application module has been developed to make variable rate seed applications even more straightforward. Highlights are:
• A quick, logical layout to creating a task
• Ability to view fields on the map with their establishments as you pick them
• Mix establishment scenarios* in the same task
• Base your calculations on a fixed total amount of seed
• Produce PDF maps and a seed summary of your task.
*Establishment scenarios are different establishment percentages for different purposes; for example you may have a different set for winter/spring crops or wet/dry years reflecting seed bed quality.
The new establishment editor allows users to:
• Edit and create establishment scenarios on multiple fields at a time
• Use multiple layers including soil, yield and weed pressure
• Tools to edit geometry and establishment rates
• A buffer tool for headland management
• Automatically inclusion of scouted areas from the iSOYLscout app.
But no sooner is one new tool or update released than the SOYL development team is tinkering away looking for the next clever precision tool – that's the life of an innovator and they wouldn't have it any other way! Subscribe to the blog to be the first to hear what's next.
Head of products and technology
For specific advice for your business related to this blog or any other aspect of precision crop production get in touch with SOYL.